Yoni Steaming with Danielle | NAMTI Day Spa
Yoni steaming is an ancient wellness practice for female-bodied people, involving the application of herb-infused steam to the pelvic region. Also called vaginal steaming (or pelvic steaming), this luxurious form of self-care is renowned for its ability to rebalance difficult menstrual cycles, fertility challenges, and a whole host of other feminine health issues throughout the various cycles of a woman’s life.
Women all over the world have received incredible benefits through the practice of steaming. Common areas of relief include:
- Period problems (cramps, clots, absent periods, short cycles, long cycles, heavy bleeding, and acne)
- Cysts and other “bumps”
- Endometriosis symptoms
- PCOS symptoms
- Vaginal dryness
- Labor preparation
- Postpartum recovery
- Miscarriage & abortion recovery
- Natural induction of “missed miscarriage”
- Low libido
- Scar tissue
- Sexual abuse trauma recovery
Who is Steaming For?
While any person can benefit from steaming the pelvic region, yoni steaming is specifically practiced by people with female genitalia and reproductive structures (regardless of gender expression / identity).
It is safe for almost every part of a woman’s life journey – girls approaching menarche, menstruating women (though not specifically while bleeding), peri- to post-menopausal women, and especially postpartum women. However, it is crucial to seek the guidance of a qualified steam facilitator; every stage of life mentioned here has slightly different needs, and every woman has unique conditions. The right steam plan is essential.
There are times when it’s not appropriate to steam. Ask a certified facilitator about contraindications before steaming on your own.
Why Does Steaming Work?
Anecdotal evidence shows that:
- The heat from the steam increases circulation to the pelvic region, which improves uterine function.
- The herbs may enter the bloodstream through the highly absorptive tissues of the vaginal area.
- From the perspective of Chinese medicine, the steam stimulates a point on the “conception vessel” meridian (CV1). This point is responsible for circulating qi (energy) throughout the entire body.
What To Expect
During the session, we’ll go through a short intake form to discover the best herbs and steam setup for you, as well as screening you for any unique sensitivies. You’ll sit on a special steam chair over a pot of water and herbs that are releasing steam (never too hot — we always check the temperature beforehand), and simply enjoy the sensations! Your privacy will of course be maintained throughout the session; sensitive areas will be covered while you’re steaming, and I’ll leave the room while you’re getting settled in (similar to a massage appointment).
I offer several options for how to spend your time during the steam session: enjoy a guided meditation, relax in silence, be led through a breathing exercise to enliven the energy centers, or simply sit and chat casually if you prefer.
Please be aware that steaming is *contraindicated* at certain times:
- If you are currently having your moon cycle (actively bleeding)
- If you are pregnant
- If you are experiencing a burning itch on or around your vulva
The information provided on this web page and any information provided by the steam facilitator is strictly for educational & informational purposes. It should not be taken as medical advice. We do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any diseases. We do not claim to be a replacement for your doctor or medical provider. Please seek the necessary level of care for your conditions, at all times.